Beetroot Tart Ingredients
- 15g butter
- 8 small beetroots, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 50g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Beetroot Tart Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Melt the butter in an ovenproof non-stick 19cm (base measurement) frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Stir in the beetroot for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, vinegar and thyme to season. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the beetroot is just tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220C.
- Trim the pastry into a 24cm disc. Arrange the beetroot evenly over base of the pan.
- Top with pastry. Fold in the excess.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a plate.
- Top with the goat’s cheese and basil.