Slow Braised Lamb Recipe
- 1kg lamb shoulder
- Mustard powder
- 500ml red wine (enough left for a glass for you)
- Lamb stock
- 1kg potatoes, diced
- 100ml oil
- Rosemarinus water
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped herbs such as parsley
Slow Braised Lamb Recipe Method
- Place the lamb into a deep casserole pot or tray, cover with all the herbs and spices along with the red wine and stock.
- Cover with a lid and braise for 6 hours at approx. 150 degrees C
- For the potatoes, mix all of the ingredients together and roast in the oven until crisp, stir occasionally.
- For the dressing again just mix all the ingredients together until you achieve a desired taste.
- Once the lamb is cooked serve straight away or roll in cling film to attain a more uniform shape and store for later use.
- For the gravy take the cooking liquor and add 100g of pre-mixed (water and cornflour) corn flour, to thicken, adjust the seasoning and serve!