Before going sober for October, why not try our twist on the classic Banoffee Pie? A crowd-pleasing dessert that could potentially be one of your five a day… If you eat enough of it!
As with all recipes they have been laid out in a way you start from the top and work your way down, this is a modern take on a banoffee pie so there is no pastry / base the plate is finished with crisp banana bread crumbs for that crunch!
Difficulty Level 3/5
What you will need
• Caramelised Diced Banana
• Dried Banana Cake Crumbs
• 2 Cans of Condensed Milk
• 50g Raisins
• 200g Sugar
• 20g Cornflour
• 1 Bottle of Leffe Beer
• 100g Condensed Toffee
• 200g Mascarpone
• 500g Whipping Cream
• Simmer 2 cans of condensed milk in water for 6 hours. Make sure they are constantly covered to avoid explosions
• 2 over ripe bananas
• 50g raisins
• 200g sugar
• 20g Cornflour
1. Bring all the ingredients together except the cornflour, once the mix comes to the boil add the cornflour and cook out for 30 seconds.
2. Blend in a blender until smooth, strain and leave to cool.
• 1 bottle of Leffe
Boil and reduce by half. Leave to cool.
• 100g condensed toffee
• 200g mascapone
• 500g whipping cream
1. Remove the toffee from the cooled condensed milk tins.
2. Combine the ingredients together and whisk until combined and leaves a ribbon trail in the machine.
To serve the Banoffee Pie
1. Spoon a dollop of the banoffee cream in the centre of the plate.
2. Sprinkle the caramelised bananas, cake crumb and sliced banana.
3. Finally drizzle the reduced beer over the top for a bittersweet finish.