Winter Parsnip Soup Recipe with Crispy Bacon and Vanilla
Winter Parsnip Soup Ingredients
• 500g parsnips
• 1l vegetable stock
• 100g cream
• 100g butter
• 1 vanilla pod / 10g extract
• 100g bacon
• Bread and butter to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and layout the bacon onto a tray, bake until crisp.
2. Save the bacon oil and add to a pan.
3. Peel your parsnips for a smoother soup or leave the skin on for a heartier soup.
4. Lightly sweat off the parsnips in the bacon oil and then cover with the stock.
5. Bring to the boil and fast reduce down until the parsnips are tender.
6. Add the vanilla seeds, cream and butter and blend until smooth and velvety. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Chop the cooled bacon and sprinkle on top, finish with some fresh parsley or chervil.