Another sneak peek into our recipe book and this time to celebrate World Chocolate Day 2019. We are obviously great chocolate lovers here at SO and this chocolate recipe is particularly close to our hearts as it is in fact… the Salted Orange Chocolate recipe!
A labour of love, it started as a tart, moved to a ‘dessert salad’, then into the maturation of simplicity.
World Chocolate Day recipe method
- place the dark chocolate into a bowl and place over a bowl of simmering water, allow to melt and stir occasionally.
- Once melted remove the bowl from the heat and slowly fold in the coconut milk.
- Once you have added the coconut milk place the bowl over ice and whisk to bring it down to temperature, approx. 20°
- It should be smooth and velvety, place into a tub / mould / leave in the bowl and refrigerate until required. It is best if you serve straight away as you would have to bring it back to room temp.
- Take the olive oil, cardamom and orange zest into a pan and bring to 60° leave to infuse for 2 days, then strain.
- To serve demould, spoon or place onto a plate, drizzle the infused oil over and sprinkle with sea salt crystals.
- You can serve this with toasted brioche or other sweet breads / waffles.
- 500g dark chocolate callets or broken into small pieces
- 300ml coconut milk (from tin)
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 green cardamom pods crushed
- 1 orange zested
- Maldon sea salt
- Micro plane
- Bowl and pan of water
- small pan
If you would like to read the rest of our recipe book, pre-order yours using this link: https://www.saltedorange.co.uk/our-recipe-book/