This week, we had Rod Whiting from BBC Radio Lincolnshire, back at Salted Orange HQ, to film another easy recipe for you to try at home.
This beef hash recipe is the perfect weekend brunch meal with lots of carbs in case you had a big night the night before! Here at Salted Orange, we hate wasting food, so we love to come up with recipes using the leftovers when cooking at home. Read on for this easy beef hash recipe…
Beef hash ingredients
- 1kg white potatoes
- ½ of one butternut squash
- 200g of cooked beef
- 100g spinach
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper for flavor
- Oil and butter for greasing
Method & Instructions
- Dice the potatoes and butternut squash into small cubes, hard boil and then strain.
- Add some oil and butter for greasing, plus salt and pepper for flavor.
- Place into a baking tray and roast until crispy.
- Then add the beef and spinach into the mix in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or alternatively fry until hot.
- Then to finish, fry one egg for each person and make sure that the yolk stays runny. When frying an egg, we recommend using a non-stick greased pan and not touching the egg until it is ready.
- Place all of the oven ingredients on to a plate and place the fried egg on top.