How to Make Crème Brulée
This dark chocolate and peppermint crème brulée recipe is super indulgent, elegant and perfect as an alternative Christmas dessert. There are four easy parts to this recipe, and you will not be disappointed by the end product.
Chocolate and Peppermint Crème brulée Ingredients
500g dark chocolate
20g cocoa powder
Chocolate and Peppermint Crème Brulée Instructions
How to make brulée
- Bring half the cream to the boil, whisk in ½ the chocolate, then pour over the eggs and ½ the sugar.
- Strain the mix through a sieve.
- Line a flat tray with cling film and pour the mix onto it.
- Place over a tray of water and cook in the oven at 120 degrees for 30 minutes, until there is a slight wobble.
How to make caramel shards
- Bring the sugar to the boil with a little water and ½ the cocoa powder.
- Add a couple of peppermint leaves and allow them to steep and go black.
- Once it reaches caramel stage, take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Once it appears thick, start pulling it with a spoon to create shards, but be careful because this is hot.
- Mix the almonds, ½ the remaining chocolate and cocoa powder together and mix with 50g of butter.
- Make a crumble and then bake at 180 for 10 minutes, leave to cool.
- Take the cream and warm with the peppermint, add the sugar and leave to infuse.
- Wear in the peppermint which go black and then remove after 10 minutes. Place in the cream whipper and charge with 2 canisters.
Finally, finish off your chocolate and peppermint crème brulée by putting all of the elements together and serve with garnished peppermint and on a large white plate.