So here we have it, the ultimate salted orange chocolate chip cookie recipe! Not only does it share a name with us, it shares our way of life in that we are entirely open to trying to new things and flavours. The addition of cornflakes really gives the cookie an extra level of crunch and the candied orange works perfectly with milk or dark chocolate chips. This super easy recipe can be made in no time using ingredients that you will probably already have in your pantry. Add a small amount of cinnamon for an extra festive treat!
Salted Orange Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
To make 15 to 20 cookies, you will need…
350g of butter (at room temperature)
250g of granulated sugar
150g of light brown sugar
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
240g bread flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
6g sea salt
270g cornflakes (crushed) mixed with 130g of melted butter
125g mini chocolate chips
65g candied orange pieces
- Mix the butter (room temperature) and sugars in a bowl with a wooden spoon or slowly with a free-standing electric mixer.
- Fold in the egg and vanilla and beat until all the ingredients are entirely mixed together and there are no lumps of sugar.
- At a low mixing speed, add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Combine until the dough comes together. You don’t want to overmix the dough, so make sure to only work the dough for a minute or less.
- Add in the crushed cornflakes, candied orange pieces and chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Using an ice cream scoop (if you have one), portion out the dough, place on a lined baking tray and pat the top of the cookies until flat.
- Wrap the tray in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- After the 1 hour chilling period, arrange the dough around 10cm apart on baking paper or silicone lined baking tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the cookies are golden and crisp on the edges.
- Once baked, cool the cookies on the trays and then transfer on to a plate or air-tight container for storage. You can keep these at room temperature for 5 days or freeze and use within one month.
Happy baking! As always, if you give these salted orange chocolate cookies a try, make sure to tag us in a picture on social media as we would love to see how they turned out.